WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PHILIPPINES:
- It ranked 59th out of 148 countries in the 2013-2014 Global Competitiveness Index
- For the second quarter of 2013, the estimated GDP is 46,136.59 USD Thousand
- Balance of Trade: As of July 2013, the reported trade deficit is equivalent to 649, 071 USD Thousand
- Consumer Confidence: declined from -7.90 in the third quarter of 2013 from -5.70 in the second quarter of 2013.
- Current account surplus is reported to be equivalent to 1027.20 USD Million in June 2013
- Current Account to GDP: last reported at 2.80 percent of GDP in 2012
- According to The World Bank, the GDP is worth 250.27 billion USD in 2012 or 0.40% of the world economy.
- GDP Annual Growth Rate: expanded 7.50% in the second quarter of 2013 over the same quarter of the previous year.
- GDP Growth Rate: expanded 1.40% in the second quarter of 2013 over the previous quarter.
- GDP Per Capita: according to the World Bank, it was last reported at 1501.83 USD (2012) equivalent to 12% of the world’s average.
- GDP Per Capita PPP: last reported at 3,802.99 USD (2012) according to the World Bank.
- Government Budget: government budget deficit is equivalent to 2.30% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2012.
- Government Debt to GDP: 40.10% of the country’s GDP (2012).
- Philippine Imports: worth 5,485,501 USD Million in July 2013.
- Philippine Exports: worth 4,836,430 USD Million in July 2013.
- Inflation Rate: last reported at 2.10% in August 2013.
- Interest Rate: benchmark interest rate was last reported at 3.50% by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
- Population: 95.8 million in 2012.
- Unemployment Rate: 7.30% in the second quarter of 2013.